Guided Choices - March 2023
The guided choice process for current Year 9 students began on Monday 6th March with a guided choice assembly which explained the process and deadlines to them. This will be followed up with a Guided Choice Parents Information Evening on Wednesday 22nd March between 17:30 and 18:30 to explain the process to parents and guardians.
A video recording of the guided choice event from 2022 is shown below.
Guided Choice Process:
- Week Beginning Monday 6th March Guided Choice Student Assembly
- Week Beginning Monday 6th March - Student Access to Guided Choice Team
- Week Beginning Monday 6th March - Morning Q&A sessions with specific options subjects
- Week Beginning Monday 20th March - Year 9 Reports to Parents
- Wednesday 22nd March - Guided Choice Parents Information Evening
- Thursday 23rd March - Year 9 Parents Evening (virtual)
- Monday 27th March - Guided Choice Selection Form Opens - (Link to Selection Form: https://forms.office.com/r/wPCrD5hUh0 - Please note, this requires students to sign in with their school account to complete).
- Friday 28th April - Guided Choice Selection Form Closes
Guided Choice Resources:
Students have access to a wide variety of information about the guided choice process. This includes access to a Microsoft Team which has been set up for subject areas to share information with students. Inside this Team there is a collection of resources including Video Presentations (including information about what the course entail, the assessments structure etc.), Examples of student work, information about the ways in which students complete work within specific subjects and a variety of subject specific information. This Team is called "Year 9 - Guided Choice (2023") and looks like the below:
Students also have access to the Guided Choice - Options Booklet which is shown below.
Guided Choice Attachments:
Please click on the document below to download a copy of the Guided Choice - Options Booklet for students studying Key Stage 4 courses between September 2023 and July 2025.