We are pleased to welcome you to the SEND Department, here at Hedingham School.
Hedingham School’s culture is built around bespoke learning with an inclusive approach to students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) ensuring the Vision is the same for all students, whatever their ability or need.
Class teachers and Learning support staff ensure that differentiated learning and interventions support our young people to work towards independence.
The SENCO, Mrs Susan Goodwin, in collaboration with the Headteacher and Governing Body, plays a key role in determining the strategic development of the SEND policy and provision in the school in order to raise the achievement of children with SEND.
The key responsibilities of the SENCO include:
• Overseeing the day to day operation of the school’s SEND policy
• Liaising with and advising teachers
• Managing the SEND team of teachers and learning support assistants
• Co-ordinating the provision for students with special educational needs
• Overseeing the records of all students with special educational needs
• Liaising with parents of students with special educational needs
• Contributing to the in-service training of staff
• Liaising with external support agencies