Information for Parents and Guardians if their child has received a Positive Test.
1. School is informed of positive case by parents or member of staff via the following email address:
Please do not use the general enquiries email address as the information may not be viewed straight away.
2. School works with the dedicated advice service – Essex Contact Tracing Team (ECTT) to establish all children and adults who have been in ‘close contact’ with someone who has tested positive.
3. The school or ‘Track and Trace’ will inform close contacts and they will need to isolate for 14 days in line with guidance for members of the household.
4. If the school needs to isolate a ‘Year Group’ bubble, whilst identifying close contacts, a text will be sent to all parents to inform them of this. (This would be a likely course of action if the case was reported outside of school hours).
5. An enhanced clean will then take place in the classrooms and indoor areas occupied by the student or member of staff who has tested positive. Where possible, this will take place in the evening.
6. Headteacher will contact all parents to make everyone aware of the case and remind all the community about procedures and health guidance.
7. Remote learning through Microsoft Teams will be provided for all students who are isolating. Year 7 students have been instructed on how to use Teams. Information is available on the school website.
8. The school will not share names of people with coronavirus (Covid-19) unless essential to protect others.